domingo, 16 de enero de 2022

POST 7... The last...

CHANGES TO MY STUDY PROGRAMME


This post may seem like a story, but it is reality. In 1997, at the age of 17, I was a first-year Biochemistry student at the University of Chile. Now, in 2019 (more than 20 years later) I returned to the University of Chile, but as a Chemistry and Pharmacy student.

I tell you this, because my experience tells me that things have not changed much at the University and most of the changes that exist today are thanks to the pandemic.

I think the curriculum is fine, but I would just add some basic computer and programming courses that would be very helpful. On the other hand, it would allow education in a hybrid mode, since there are courses that can be done 100% online and the duration of the classes in blocks of 1 hour between small breaks...

The infrastructure is much better than it was in the 90s, but what still hasn't changed are the chairs, which are very uncomfortable. At the end of the class you are left with a great back pain and they are extremely uncomfortable to take notes and answer the tests...


Another thing that hasn't changed is the library and the computer room, which are literally from the last century... I hope that future generations will enjoy new improvements in the computer area and can have better chairs...



2 comentarios:

POST 7... The last...

CHANGES TO MY STUDY PROGRAMME This post may seem like a story, but it is reality. In 1997, at the age of 17, I was a first-year Biochemistry...